Many state and county governments are releasing plans to reopen the economy to essential businesses. While this is an encouraging sign, please know this process will be thoughtfully considered at The Heritage of Green Hills. We will implement a multiphased approach when reopening our community. As we serve vulnerable adults throughout our community, The Heritage of Green Hills reopening phases may differ from the state’s or county’s phased approach. We will base decisions for each phase on state and regional criteria, advice from public health officials, and the health status of our community. We will evaluate how we shift our protocols after we know our community is no longer at risk, and with careful consideration of the guidance offered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and local and state health departments.
We are all looking forward to the day when we can resume our lives as a community and gather with our friends, yet the health and safety of residents and employees must remain our highest priorities. From the beginning, we have taken on this challenge as a marathon rather than a sprint. There are no shortcuts or easy answers when it comes to how we reduce our risk regarding COVID-19, and it’s as important as ever that we continue to remain focused on protecting ourselves and supporting each other. We want to keep you informed regarding what services will reopen and our policies on visitors to the community.
As of Monday, July 6, The Heritage of Green Hills service updates and visitor policies are as follows:
- During Phase Two, social distancing and masks will remain required when residents leave their homes. The residents will no longer have to self-quarantine if they leave the community for any appointments if they utilize our transportation services. Transportation will be reverting back to Monday, Wednesday, Friday for doctor appointments only.
- Visitors must schedule an appointment by contacting the front desk for either Independent Living or for Green Hills Manor (610-775-1451) before entering campus.Visitors can schedule a 20-minute visit under the tent in the A lot in Independent Living and at the rear parking lot of Green Hills Manor for personal care residents. All visitors must wear masks and gloves and there can only be four visitors at a time.
- The Marketing Team will conduct virtual tours and visits in one of our available villas. All visitors must wear personal protective equipment.
- The following have reopened with limitations: Staff-led small group activities, Fitness Center and Pool, Game Room, movies, modified housekeeping, beauty salon, healthcare specialists will resume on-site office visits, blood lab services.
- The Tavern & Brandywine dining venues will be open with limited seating and by reservation only.
- Contractors can access resident apartments for refurbishments.
In the upcoming weeks, and until further notice, The Heritage of Green Hills will continue to follow the heightened precautionary measures currently in place. These practices include following social distancing protocols, wearing masks, and observing visitation restrictions. We understand the risks posed to our community from COVID-19 and remain committed to our processes. As the situation evolves, and we make changes to our protocols, residents, employees and families will be notified first. We will work to keep you informed via our website or you can call the hotline at 855-251-8955, which is updated daily.
Thank you for your patience, your support, and for embodying the hopeful spirit that The Heritage of Green Hills is known for as we continue to navigate this process together. If you have specific questions on how The Heritage of Green Hills reopens, please contact email@example.com or 484-269-5100 for local information. For more information about COVID-19 and our national response to COVID-19, go to https://www.lcsnet.com/covid-19-update/.